Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day 9

Oh no! I am liek 5 days late to blog for this day.
Anyway, on thursday, we had a presentation on our project.
The presentation was called "Proof of concept", and we needed to proof that our animation is doable by the end of the block.
So we presented and we went first, because i requested that we go first as i was ill.

We went up and presented our Storyboard, Props, Gantt Chart, Difficulties, and etc.
I did the storyboard, and Amanda commented that a good storyboard will explain for itself.
So i did not speak, and I guess i think everyone understood the storyboard.

I changed the storyboard a little teh day before this presentation because we wanted to add another scene into the storyboard.
During the presentation, we also explained that we were going to use thought bubbles and stuff done in 2d.
But I think there was a misconception about our idea.
Amanda thought that our thought bubble will show words of what the character would say.
And because we said we were going to have voice over, Amanda got confused about us using "voice over"and a speech bubble at the same time.
Actually, we were going to put pictures in our thought bubble and have the voice play in the background.

I think the group now is quite excited to do the animation, but then again, we still fear the worst.
We said that we would try to finish as must as we can, but if we cant, we will try to finish 90% I THINK.

Also, we had some test shots of the top view shot of the chase scene and some random shot of a carrot falling.
i thought that kind of showed the class how our stop motion piece would look like, and we got rather good responses from the class.
Some said that the test shots looked great
I think this is an encouragement for us.
And also, Amanda was being very encouraging by constantly telling us "I think this will be fun."

Not that i dont think this will be fun.
I'm sure this will be fun, but along the fun will come hardwork and frustration.
Well, I am hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment